Toyota 1995-2004 Tacoma & 1996-2002 4Runner RSJ - Instructions
Toyota ADJUSTABLE REAR Seat Jackers
1995-2004 Tacoma & 1996-2002 4Runner
Any modifications to your vehicle are done at your own risk.
- 14mm and 15mm wrench/socket
- 8mm allen key/socket
- Step One: Remove any plastic covers to access bolts. Remove both rear factory seat base bolts (14mm socket) and loosen the front seat bolts almost completely but do not remove them. This will allow access to install and torque the Rear Seat Jackers.
- Step Two: Lift the rear of the front seat by pushing forward on the headrest or by asking a helper to pull from the from the front.
- Step Three: Take the rectangle Seat Jacker with the threaded holes facing up and loosely thread the longer fine thread black bolt into the countersunk hole and thread it into the transmission tunnel.
- Step Four: Rotate the block to line up with the seat rail mounting hole. Confirm alignment with desired lift (lower hole will give you .75” of rear lift, upper hole will give you 1.25” of lift). Torque bolt that goes through block and into transmission tunnel to 27ftlbs.
- Step Five: Loosely install the short coarse thread black bolt through the seat rail into the Seat Jacker (lower hole will give you .75” of rear lift, upper hole will give you 1.25” of lift).
- Step Six: On the seat rail nearest the door, if you used the lower hole on the transmission tunnel, use the single .75” spacer in between the seat rail and the floor. If you used the upper hole on the transmission tunnel, use both spacers.
- Step Seven: If using the .75” spacer, use the shorter 40mm bolt. If using both spacers, use the longer 60mm bolt. IF THE SEAT RAIL HOLE DOES NOT LINE UP PERFECTLY, SIMPLE LIFT UP THE SEAT RAIL ABOUT .25” AND START THREADING IN THE BOLT A COUPLE THREADS BY HAND. SOMETIMES YOU WILL NEED TO WIGGLE THE ENTIRE SEAT FRAME TO GET THE BOLT TO LINE UP.
- Step Eight: Torque front bolts and all rear bolts to 27ftlbs or German Spec (good’ntight).
DesertDoesIt.com - Check bolt torque at regular intervals and don’t forget to post a review. - DesertDoesIt.com